Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hats

Well I don't have a ton to write about this time, but I know my sister Darcee gets a little antsy pantsy when I don't update the blog. So if it is incredibly boring, blame it on the sister.
I have been back at work since the end of August and it has been pretty good. We lost 5 fifth graders last year, and they were kind of the life of the party. They always kept us entertained and laughing. This year we have a lot of young kids and it is a completely different vibe. I work with the same 2 kids almost the whole afternoon which can sometimes be challenging. Especially when I get frustrated, because I don't really get a break from them. Both of my kids are 3rd graders. One of them is just a sweet angel and she is pretty easy to handle. The other one, well he looks just about as sweet as an angel but does not quite act as one. He always wants to do what he wants to do. So getting him to work for me has been very tough. However, when he does happen to work with someone else he does just fine his work. I don't get it!!! Everyone tells me I am not mean enough, and that I am to sweet. Well I try to be mean, and I think I am being mean but he still doesn't listen. So that is work for me so far. I only work 3.5 hours and come home quite exhausted.
Chase is back in school full time. 1 year to go!!! The countdown is on. He goes to school M-Th, puts in time out at the fire station and has just started a new job. Drum Role........Chase is a new cashier at LOWE's. So if you ever see him tell him hi for me because I don't see him much anymore. But we are very excited he got the job because funds are quite tight now that he can't work full time. So really any job would do. However there is some rivalry in the Caldwell family now. Chase's dad and sister both work at Home Depot, and Chelsea is a cashier there. She claims Home Depot is a much better place, has much better costumer service and makes twice the amount of money Lowe's does. The only come back Chase had is that Home Depot has had someone die on the job.
So which is better, Lowe's or Home Depot? Really I could care less. If they give us money that is all that matters.
Parker continues to grow each day, and is such a blessing in our lives. It's fun to watch the new things he learns everyday. Some of the things good, and some of the things not so good. For instance he has learned to hit. We will be sitting with him on the couch and he will just hit us in the face. When we tell him no, he just laughs. Another thing he has learned about is a razor. Uh Oh! A lot of times Chase is gone in the morning so I have to get ready with Parker in the bathroom. Well the other day I was shaving my legs and Parker was playing with his toys so I didn't think anything of it. Well, Chase and I went to a wedding reception last night and Dropped Parker off at Grammy and Poppy's house. When we came to pick him up, my mom told us she had a funny story. She said Parker had gone upstairs and was really quiet for a while. Usually he doesn't go upstairs when no one else is up there. Well he came down stair with one of my dad's razors and was trying to shave his legs. Thank heavens he didn't cut himself. So Grammy took the razor from him and that was that. Well he went upstairs again and was quiet yet another time. Then he came downstairs with another razor and this time is trying to shave his face. Chase and I just laughed. So we tried to get him to do it again today so we could capture the moment. Yes that is shaving cream on his face, and yes he did try to eat it.
I guess we need to be more careful what we do when he is watching. I actually think he learned the hitting from me cause I like to hit chase on the arm when he is being a pest. OOPS!
He has not learned anymore words that I can think of. He does love to give high fives, wave goodbye, Blow kisses, and when we say all gone he shrugs his shoulders and holds out his arms. So cute.
Another thing Parker has been enjoying is hats. If he sees a hat he puts it on.
Yes he looks like a homeless child. But a cute one at that!
Go BYU!!
Parker loves his Uncle Tyler so much, and we are so glad Tyler is always willing to watch Parker.
Parker Loves wearing this life vest that Chase brought home from the fire station. He always puts it on and then we just laugh so hard when he falls and can't get up because the vest is so big on him. And of coarse you can't have a picture without a hat.
Here is another thing Parker likes to play dress up in. He especially loves the boots and always wants to put them on. Of coarse they are way to big for him, so yet he falls some more.
And last but not least, here is an example of what happens when you leave Parker and Daddy all alone.
He gets fabulous tattoos. Chase is really stressing the whole firefighting thing on the kid.

6 comments:

sdralphs said...

baby parker is getting so cute and i miss him so much!!!!!!!!!! i was laughing so hard at the picture of him in the mexican hat. he looks like a hillbilly with his teeth! i love the hat pictures and tell chase the tats are sweet! i cannot wait for october to see you girls! wish i could see baby parker too! i love you and keep blogging. i love your blogs!

Braydan and Jessica said...

What a cute post SHayla. ESpecially for calling it boring. It was funny. Just so ya know, I like Lowes better. I swear that's our spending weakness every month! Sounds like Chase is really busy. That would be hard. We went through it too and it stinks. Parker is so cute in all those hats and with the razor.

Megan said...

Cute pictures, that little Park,park is so fun. I loved all his hats. Congrats Chase on the Lowes job, I like it better because it's blue. Love you guys.

Chelsea Brynn said...

Oh my gosh i LOVE this kid! and your family! i miss you guys more than anything and i am so jealous mom and dad get to go to redmond to see you this weekend!

Jim, Brea, Annabelle and Evelyn said...

That wasn't a boring update at all Shay...fun stuff! Love all the pictures of Parker :)

Red Bed Head said...

Well you gave me a good laugh, I'll have to do some shopping at Lowes, but considering gardening season is over I'm not sure what I'd get...